If you’re an iPhone user, you should know that you need to subscribe to many apps and enjoy all that Apple has in store for its users.
Most times, when we subscribe to these apps and our subscription expires, Apple Store takes payment on a plan-by-plan basis. Due to the unique build of iPhone devices, many new users are added to the Apple family daily.
Though iOS devices are stylish and easy to use, it also comes with a few complaints, one of which includes expired subscriptions staying too long on the device.
Expecting your expired subscription to disappear can be frustrating, as Apple devices only delete expired subscriptions after one year.
Searching for ways to delete your iPhone subscription manually will only frustrate you because there needs to be a method to remove expired subscriptions, regardless of whether dynamic subscriptions have expired.
With that in mind, let’s check out what an expiration means.
What is an Expired Subscription?
If you’re an iPhone user, you may need to subscribe to apps, music, and other things. Once you subscribe, it usually runs for a specific time.
The date of expiration is usually called the expiry date. Once a service or product you subscribed to reaches its expiry date, the product is known as expired, hence the term Expired Subscription.
The user can either cancel or end the subscription quickly, at the next billing date or, most probably, at the end of the term.
Can I Delete the Expired Subscription on my iPhone?
Absolutely No, there’s no way to delete expired subscriptions on iPhone, and the developers gave no reason why. Users can only delete current subscriptions but can’t delete expired subscriptions.
Although iPhones are programmed to automatically delete expired subscriptions after one year, you don’t have to worry about your phone getting filled with unnecessary subscriptions as the system would automatically clear it after a year.
Hence if you need help canceling a subscription on your iPhone, here’s a guide on how to do it.
1. Open your Apple Store, and tap on your profile picture
2. Go to Settings, and enter your lock or password to open
3. Search for subscription and tap on it
4. You’ll now find a complete list of active and inactive subscriptions.
5. Click on any active subscription you wish to cancel and tap cancel subscription.
1. Open the settings app on your device
2. Click on your Apple ID profile
3. You’ll find all expired subscriptions
4. Tap on the ‘Cancel Subscription’ option to cancel
Expired subscriptions on iPhone devices usually go off after one year, but if you don’t like seeing these subscriptions and feel you can’t wait for the one-year time frame to get rid of them, there’s a little trick you can do use to make them disappear. Although it’s pretty tasking, it’s something you can try out.
How to Remove Expired Subscription from iPhone?
As stated earlier, there is no particular method to get rid of expired subscriptions on your iPhone device. Still, there’s a way out, which may be a little tedious but is worth it, and it involves swapping Apple IDs.
To swap ID on your iPhone device, follow the steps below to create a new Apple ID:
1. Go to appleid.apple.com on any device
2. Select ‘Create Your Apple ID’ at the top right corner
3. Input an email address with no Apple ID connected to it.
4. Tap continue, and verify your email address and phone number
5. Once you’ve done this, the next step is to log out of your old Apple ID from your device and input a new one.
To log out of your old Apple ID:
1. Go to Settings
2. Click your name at the top
3. Click on the Sign Out button and input your password.
4. Click on ‘Enter,’ and you’ll log out successfully.
Once you’ve successfully logged out, visit the App Store to log in with your new Apple ID. This process is quite inconvenient as it involves switching Apple IDs, but it’s the only available way to hide subscriptions on an iPhone.
Switching Apple ID doesn’t affect the purchased apps already on your device. Instead, it only formats your purchase history to show only subscriptions and downloads associated with your new Apple ID.
You can also alternate both IDs if you need to sign in to your old Apple ID.
FAQs on How to Remove Expired Subscriptions on iPhone
How to Cancel Subscription on iPhone?
Most iPhone users need help canceling subscriptions on iPhones, as they often look for solutions in the wrong places.
First, you must understand that several apps, such as Netflix and others, have methods for canceling a subscription built directly into the app itself. However, for others, you’ll need to navigate through your iPhone settings to cancel it.
But even after cancellation, the canceled subscription doesn’t just disappear but remains under your purchase history and subscription.
How to View Expired Subscriptions on iPhone?
If you need help viewing expired subscriptions on your iPhone device, the following steps will guide you.
1. Tap on the Settings app
2. Click on the Apple ID profile picture, then select ‘iTunes & App Store.
3. Tap on Apple ID, input your credentials and log in
4. Scroll down to ‘Subscriptions,’ select ‘Manage.’
5. Go to the ‘Expired’ tab, and you’ll find expired subscriptions.
Note that you can cancel any subscription you desire here, even if the app doesn’t have a cancel option within the software.
Can I Cancel a Purchase on iPhone?
If you’ve made a purchase and realize you no longer want them, you must wonder if it’s possible to cancel them. The answer is yes. Apple allows its users to cancel already-made purchases.
You may have accidentally made the purchase or no longer want it. Regardless of whatever reason you have for wanting to cancel a purchase, it can quickly be done by following the steps below.
1. Go to reportaproblem.apple.com
2. Tap on Request a refund from the top drop-down box
3. Explain your reason for requesting a refund in the second drop-down box
4. Select which app or subscription you wish to refund.
Note: if charges are yet to go through thoroughly, you may be unable to get a refund and would have to wait until the charge status moves from ‘pending’ to ‘complete’ with your bank or payment preference.
After this, you’ll receive your money back for an accidental purchase, which will still reflect your purchase history.
How to Cancel a Recurring Payment?
If you have a recurring subscription, you’ll need to navigate to the Billing Section on the Apple website to rectify the issue, as this type of subscription doesn’t appear directly on your iPhone.
Go to Billing Section by following the steps below:
1. Navigate to support.apple.com/billing
2. Sign in to your Apple ID
3. Select Cancel Your Subscription
4. Tap the blue Cancel a subscription button
5. Confirm Selection
Apple comes with services and apps that users must subscribe to before they can fully gain total access to these products. These services include Apple News, Apple Music, and many others. In addition, apple stores also boast many third-party applications that demand recurring subscriptions.
After subscribing to these services, you’ll find that you can’t remove expired subscriptions from your device manually, as there’s no default option.
Furthermore, iPhone only clears or deletes expired subscriptions after a time duration of one year. Still, nevertheless, if you follow the guide stated in this article, you’ll have no problem removing expired subscriptions on your iPhone.